Wednesday, September 8, 2010

COFFEE!!!

I'm done with my Daniel Fast as of TODAY!! Last night me and my roommie Ruth went to Pita Pit right at midnight and got FREE PITA'S which was an amazing way to break a fast let me tell ya. (We had coupons from a UNT event). Anyway, currently I'm slightly light headed after drinking coffee for the first time in 3 WHOLE WEEKS! But I'm cool with that because I love coffee. Speaking of coffee, I have decided to start roasting my own coffee. If you are interested in this please comment because I would love to share some tips and stories with you! Basically though I did it with a hot air popcorn popper. It is super simple and only takes about 5-8 minutes to roast enough for a pot-full. I got the coffee from a friend of mine who owns a coffee shop/restaurant in Slayton, MN called "The Leftbank Cafe." My brother-in-law Chuck took this picture. He thinks he "wins" when it comes to the best coffee picture (all my siblings were attempting to take artsy pictures of my first roast), but I really like Ginger's picture which you can see here at her blog.

No comments: