Sunday, October 24, 2010

SUCCESS!!!

I finally got brave enough to try to beat baking at it's game and won!!
The thing is, I'm not a baker.
But I REALLY want to be.
And I can't follow a recipe.
Because I'm a chef, NOT a baker.

Are you following?

So I found a good recipe and did it again and again just as it said to do it.
But I got bored.
So the following is a successful attempt to be brave, smart, and healthy.
Enjoy. :)


Liz's Banana Muffins
Mix together in a bowl just until all ingredients are moist (I HATE THE WORD MOIST!):
1 1/2 cups peeled, cored apples (small chop)
1/2 cup sugar (original called for a WHOLE CUP!!!)
1/4 cup almond or peanut butter (I'm slightly allergic to peanuts, so I go with almond, you could use any nut butter really)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
2 eggs
4 bananas, mashed
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla (ok, honestly, I never measure vanilla...but just in case you want to, I would go about that much)

Mix and then portion into greased muffin tin. Bake at 350 degrees in a preheated oven for around 20 minutes, but check them around 15 minutes to see how they are doing. I know for sure when muffins are done by checking out the tops. If they are dry and springy, they are done, but if you push on one and it is wet and doesn't bounce back, not done.

I really want to post a pic with this because that makes it more fun, but my camera is at my sister's place...sad.

1 comment:

The Dunton's said...

I'm going to try making these tonight with just 1/4 cup of honey to sweeten them. I'll let you know how it goes!