Thursday, August 27, 2009

First day of school thoughts

Today begins my Fall 2009 semester at UNT. I have officially started my third, yes THIRD, year here and am technically a second semester Junior with all the hours I have (extra hours taken here and hours taken in high school), although I will probably graduate August of 2011, doing my hospitality internship that last summer semester. So not too bad; only 4 years of school, plus that extra summer semester. Officially I am doing my B.S. in Hospitality Management and my minor in History (just because I really like history) and MAYBE a minor in French. I don't need very much more for a minor in french so I've been thinking about that. I would really like to do my internship in France (this internship thing is required for my major, not just becuase I want to, although I do want to). Otherwise, would like to do an internship in Northern California near the coast at some resort or lodge. We'll see where God takes me!

So with thinking about all that and beginning to read Deuteronomy I was thinking this morning about how hard the journey must have been for Moses because of all the promises God had made for him and his ancestors and not seeing it happen for so many years. Not only was it amazing to finally be about to go into the land God promised him, but to see the descendents of Abraham standing before him as numerous as the stars. Pretty sweet.

Am I trusting that God has great things for me? And will I be faithful like Moses when I don't see them happen right away? I wasn't trusting God when I came to Texas, but He brought me here for a reason because before I knew Him, He knew me and loved me. Moses traveled all over the place just by listening and trusting in God. Can I do that too? Do I trust God that much? I don't want to live by flukes I want to follow God. I'll be praying that prayer for you and me.

Happy new year of school to all!

No comments: