Thursday, July 30, 2009

Snapshot of my life


PIC: A field in Southwestern Minnesota, taken with my fancy Blackberry phone. Not bad if I say so myself.









Quickly, here is what has been happening because I feel bad for not updating in a long while....

I completed my internship at the beginning of July and immediately moved back to Denton and into a new apartment. The apartment has three bedrooms (it's a townhome, two floors, very spacious) and will house 5 girls next semester. I love it, but have yet to live in it with the other 4 girls so we'll see how that goes. I'm excited for our relationships to grow and our relationships with God to grow because of it as well.

The week after coming back to Denton I finally got my hair cut for Locks of Love. About 11 inches off! I love it.

The week after that, my friend Amber got married and I spent the week with her helping get ready, then was a bridesmaid in her wedding. It was a beautiful day!

July 20th I headed to Minnesota to see the family, which is my current location. I will be here until August 10th and am enjoying it a lot. Trying to spend my time wisely, divided between my family, my self, and most importantly my time with God. which is always a constant struggle for me that I never feel like I'm winning. And I know how much God does through the time I set aside to be alone with Him and in the Word. Pray for me in this as I constantly pray, and I'll be praying for that in your lives too.

I'm preparing to work for Chi Alpha as staff this coming semester. It is a challenge for me not only because it will be a difficult job, but because I have to raise support to do it. Plus, I am in need of a car because the Chi Alpha North Texas director has offered to let me be his assistant, helping him with event planning and administrative duties (he organizes a lot of conferences and retreats for the region and national chi alpha). However, his office is 40 minutes away from Denton. I know the Lord will provide, but it is hard to keep the faith when I don't see it all happening right away. If you think of it, please pray for me.

So I'll try to keep this updated because I still hold to wanting to update everyday. let's see if I can get back to it!!!!
Love always, Liz

No comments: